Neck Protector Bionic Support Carbon Alpinestars
- Carbon Composite frame to maximize frame stiffness and minimize weight.
- Two different EVA foam densities are used in the BNS: Firmer EVA in the shoulders and softer EVA on the chest and back for comfort.
- Pivot Key system - A special magnesium key located at the rear allows convenient front opening of the device and allows for dismantling in an emergency.
- Fitting System - Fine adjustment of the shoulder height allows a personalized fit particularly for individuals with shorter necks.
- Rear Stabilizer system - In the event of large loads being channeled onto the rear stabilizer (the part that sits on the back) there are several bending and fracture points designed to relieve extreme loads that may be transmitted down the back.
- Collar Bone preservation 1 - All parts in contact with the body use an expanded foam compound to distribute the impact force over the widest area, yet remain lightweight.
- Collar Bone preservation 2 - A frame member runs over the shoulders, eliminating weak points in a critical part of the frame and no metal pins or screws sit directly above the shoulders which could dislodge, causing injury during an accident.
- Choice of Strap Systems - The BNS is supplied with the X-Strap System which allows a small, light strap worn over or under the jersey to secure the device to the rider. The larger A-Strap assembly (available as a separate accessory) provides a traditional chest strap for those who like to wear the protector tight against the body.
- The BNS is designed to help prevent the most serious damage
- Carbon Composite frame to maximize frame stiffness and minimize weight
- A special magnesium key located at the rear allows convenient front opening of the device
- Fine adjustment of the shoulder height
- Category 2 CE certified under the PPE Directive (89/686/EEC)